It’s not what celebrities know about getting fit for summer, it’s who they know. When Hollywood stars want to get in the best shape of their lives, they callHarley Pasternak, creator of the 5 Factor Diet. This spring, the makers of Centrum® multivitamins are teaming up with Pasternak to bring star-worthy tips to Americans. One lucky person will win a trip to Los Angeles and a training session at the gym with Harley, a renowned fitness and nutrition expert and best-selling author responsible for getting many of Hollywood's most recognized celebrities into the best shape of their lives.
Resolutions help us make changes. Nearly half of U.S. adults make resolutions to change in the New Year and getting fit ranks as the number-one New Year’s resolution. But nearly three out of five people who make that resolution break it before the end of January. As bathing-suit season looms, resolutions are suddenly on everyone’s mind again. It’s a race to summer weather and being bathing-suit-ready. Harley Pasternak knows that getting fit for summer requires exercise and good nutrition, and one way he makes sure to help get his recommended amount of daily vitamins is by taking Centrum multivitamins.
One2One Network is teaming up withCentrum® to spread the word about a new healthy living contest to GET FIT for summer and win a trip to LA and a one-on-one training session with celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak, creator of the 5 Factor Diet!
To enter the contest, all you have to do is text the word "CENTRUM" along with an image of a Centrum multivitamin bottle to 89800 for a chance to win a trip to Los Angeles to receive a personal training session with Harley himself, trainer to Jennifer Hudson and Lady Gaga to name a few. Contest ends June 14, 2011.
Pasternak has experience with the challenges that come with making a healthy change. “Since my job involves constant travel, I sometimes struggle to find healthy foods,” Pasternak said. “I learned that opening myself up to varied experiences and making simple modifications can go a long way toward increasing my health and fitness level. I also take a Centrum multivitamin every day as my personal insurance policy in case I miss important vitamins or nutrients in my diet. That’s definitely a secret I think anyone can use.”
Here are five tips for looking and feeling your best:
1. Go global with your diet. Exposing your palate to different cuisines can help you find foods that are nourishing, slimming and never boring. Whether Greek yogurt, Japanese tofu, or Swedish rye bread, the world’s healthiest countries take pride in a few very special ingredients.
2. The healthiest solutions are often the simplest ones –like walking instead of driving, broiling instead of frying, and taking a daily multivitamin. Making common sense decisions about the way you eat, move, and live can help you exponentially increase your health and wellness level.
3. Try to stick to low-sugar beverages and drink more water. Try all sorts of tea – black, oolong, and green - for an antioxidant flavor boost.
4. Every step counts. Walk everywhere, whether it’s to the grocery store or to work. Take the stairs whenever you can. If you have to be on the phone, pace around while you talk, or do jumping jacks during TV commercial breaks. Regular movement has an infinite number of benefits.
5. Enjoy one free day a week! Indulge in eating a treat such as dark chocolate and sleep in late. It will motivate you to keep up a healthy lifestyle during the other six days.
GET FIT and “Like” the new Centrum Facebook page to
* Receive exclusive fitness tips from renowned celebrity fitness and nutrition experts
* Learn how to enter for a chance to win a Wii Fit Plus every day between now and June 14th.
* Download a $3 coupon your next Centrum purchase
There has never been a more rewarding time to GET FIT!
As the summer nears, there is no better time than now to start taking the right steps to reach a healthier you. Join Centrum multivitamins and Harley Pasternak and get inspired to rediscover a healthier you!
I participated in this campaign as a member of One2One Network and am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated in the post are my own.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!