My husband has one of the hardest beards on the face of this earth. It literally feels like rubbing against steel wool at times because it's just so thick and coarse. Unfortunately, he works in an office where he must be clean shaven each day for there's a company policy against having beards.
Couple his coarse beard with his unbelievably sensitive skin and you have a horrible shaving situation that causes my husband a lot of daily pain and aggravation. He's tried different shaving creams and even methods of shaving, but the end result is always the same: ingrown hairs and razor burn galore.
This Valentine's Day, I've vowed to finally end his shaving woes once and for all, thus giving him the gift that keeps on giving all year long. This year, he's being introduced to The Art of Shaving...
Give Your Loved One the Gift of a Close, Clean Shave with The Art of Shaving
The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave guarantees optimal shaving results while relieving and preventing ingrown hairs, razor burn, tough bears and sensitive skin. The Art of Shaving experts tailor The 4 Elements to address specific shaving discomforts. As you prepare, lather up, shave and moisturize, follow their detailed recommendations for the most effective prevention and relief.
The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave is available in the following varieties:
- Unscented: Hypoallergenic
- Sandalwood: For normal to dry skin
- Lemon: For normal to oily skin
- Lavender: For normal to sensitive skin
- Ocean Kelp: To hydrate and soften all skin types
Step 1: Prepare - To soften the beard and protect the skin
- Always shave after or during a hot shower, never before.
- Always use hot water while shaving. Hot water softens the beard, opens pores and cleanses the skin.
- Before shaving, apply The Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil to protect the skin and to soften the beard.
Step 2: Lather Up! - For a close and comfortable shave
- Use The Art of Shaving glycerin-based Shaving Cream or Shaving Soap for a close and comfortable shave.
- For best results, use The Art of Shaving Shaving Brush made of badger hair. It helps generate a warm and rich lather, and softens and lifts the beard from the face.
Step 3: Shave - With a good handle and proper technique
- Always shave with the grain first, i.e. in the direction the hair grows. Shaving against the grain first can cause ingrown hairs and razor burn. For an even closer shave, re-lather and shave lightly across or against the grain.
- Check to see whether the hair on your neck grows in the same direction as the hair on your face. If it doesn't, make sure you adjust accordingly to shave with the grain.
- Use The Art of Shaving Razor which provides proper weight, balance and comfort for better control. This razor can be used with either Fusion or Mach3 blades by Gillette.
- Avoid applying too much pressure on your razor since this is often the cause of razor burn and skin irritations. Always glide the razor gently over your face.
- In the event of nicks or cuts, use The Art of Shaving antiseptic Alum Block to stop the bleeding.
Step 4: Moisturize - To soothe, refresh and regenerate the skin
- After shaving, apply The Art of Shaving alcohol-free, moisturizing After-Shave Balm or After-Shave Gel to soothe, refresh and regenerate the skin. Avoid after-shaves which contain alcohol; these can irritate, dry out the skin and cause ingrown hairs. To heal ingrown hairs faster, moisturize the affected area with Ingrown Hair Night Cream at bedtime.
- If your skin feels tired or sensitive due to shaving every day, the After-Shave Mask can be applied after shaving to soothe, rejuvenate and purify the skin. The After-Shave Mask provides relief from razor burn, ingrown hairs and skin irritations, while replenishing necessary nutrients lost during the shaving process.
Finally, the perfect shaving solution for men! I'm so excited to have the chance to give my husband this gift because it will be one he'll cherish each and every day of the year!
The Art of Shaving 4 Elements Starter Kit - Unscented
List Price: $25.00
Sale Price: $16.99
The Art of Shaving The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave Full Size Kit - Unscented
List Price: $100.00
Sale Price: $99.99
Disclosure: I received the Ocean Kelp Full Size Kit from The Art of Shaving in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my own personal experiences with this item and is completely honest and objective.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!