Internationally known speakers Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield knew the power of a good story long before Chicken Soup for the Soul was published. Keep reading to learn much more! After years of continuous audience requests that they put their stories into book form, Hansen & Canfield finally agreed.
Rather than focusing only on their stories, they decided to reach out to others and seek contributions of powerful tales of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Today, more than 15 years after it began, Chicken Soup for the Soul means more to people than just books. Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s best-known phrases. Keep reading to learn more about the newest additions to the Chicken Soup for the Soul family!
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Here Comes the Bride, which retails for $14.95
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Messages from Heaven, which retails for $14.95
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress, which retails for $9.95
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Hello to a Better Body, which retails for $9.95
You will be inspired and entertained by this collection of stories from brides and their friends and families, about all the aspects of being a bride, from proposal to honeymoon. These stories will make you laugh, entertain you, inspire you and occasionally make you tear up. You'll love these stories about:
- the proposal
- the ring
- the dress
- planning the wedding
- family drama
- the wedding party
- things that went wrong
- unconventional weddings
- mid-life love
- second chances
- and the honeymoon
Death takes away the physical presence of our loved ones, but not their spirit. Sometimes they send us signs from beyond, or come to us in dreams or as angels. Sometimes our loved ones visit Heaven but come back because it's not their time. Your faith will be renewed and you'll be awed by these miraculous true accounts, including:
- Grace, who didn't know the family secret - she had a brother who died when she was an infant - until he came to her in a dream and became her guardian angel.
- Michelle, whose late father spoke to her in the car and made her sit through a green light, avoiding a fatal accident.
- Five-year-old Garrett, who escorted his two-year-old brother to Heaven after they were in a car accident, and came back to talk about it.
Just because we're over 50 doesn't mean we can't look and feel great. The most powerful tool in changing our mindsets is hearing one another's stories, as you will in this book, which is like a weight loss and fitness support group you can hold in your hand.
Read new Chicken Soup for the Soul stories from women just like you who have lost weight, become fit, and changed their lives. Dr. Koven's clear medical explanations and practical tips will help you stay fit, happy, and at a weight that is right for you. You'll read about:
- how to get started
- how small changes can lead to big results
- how to manage menopause symptoms through exercise and nutrition
- how to turn your maturity into an advantage
- how to stop negative thinking
- how to stop emotional eating
The link between stress and just about every major disease or illness is well established. But stress can be managed, and this book tells you how. You can't necessarily change the world around you, but you can change the way you react to it. Read how other people just like you have reduced the stress in their everyday lives and how you can even reduce stress from major events.
- These stories plus Dr. Brown's common sense approach will help you:
- Stop being your own worst enemy
- Triumph over tragedy in your life
- Reduce stress in the workplace even in you have a "killer job"
- Manage your thoughts and emotions and get out of those "thought traps"
- Reduce stress at home, where it all starts
- Manage your finances more sensibly to reduce stress
Disclosure: I received the Chicken Soup for the Soul books mentioned above in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my own personal experiences with this item and is completely honest and objective.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!