Internationally known speakers Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield knew the power of a good story long before Chicken Soup for the Soul was published. Keep reading to learn much more! After years of continuous audience requests that they put their stories into book form, Hansen & Canfield finally agreed.
Rather than focusing only on their stories, they decided to reach out to others and seek contributions of powerful tales of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Today, more than 15 years after it began, Chicken Soup for the Soul means more to people than just books. Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s best-known phrases. Keep reading to learn more about the newest additions to the Chicken Soup for the Soul family!
What a great gift for moms! Originally published as Chicken Soup for the Soul: Power Moms, and now back with a new cover, new title and the same great stories inside.
Stay-at-home moms have the most difficult and the most rewarding job there is. You will love these 101 inspirational, heartwarming and often humorous stories from mothers who have made the choice to stay home or work from home, while raising their children and becoming active members of their communities. These multi-tasking, high-performing women do it all, from caring for children, pets and husbands, to running their households, volunteering and working from home!
Moms will love these stories about:
- making the decision to stay home
- learning to multi-task
- creating at-home jobs and businesses
- grateful husbands and children
- finding joy and self-esteem every day
- the power of friendship and sharing
There is something truly magical about the way a little girl turns into her mother! Another winner from the New York Times best-selling line of books for mothers and daughters!
There is something unique about a mother and daughter - the way they look and act alike, their common interests, their mutual respect and admiration - and these 101 stories celebrate that loving relationship. You will be inspired and entertained by these stories about:
- mothers and daughters of all ages
- the bond between mothers and daughters
- how mothers and daughters become best friends
- the changing roles of mothers and daughters as they move through the stages of life
- the magical, mysterious similarities between them
- becoming mothers through adoption and step-parenting
- the lessons mothers and daughters learn from each other
Joan Lunden's book provides emotional and practical resources to sustain the family caregiver for the long journey.
These revealing stories from people of all ages who take care of family members, at home or in outside facilities, are filled with emotional support and practical advice. You'll be inspired and feel appreciated as you read all 101 of these personal glimpses into the lives of other family caregivers, including:
- how Joan Lunden manages the care of her mother at the same time she is raising young children, as part of the Sandwich Generation.
- how Jill Eikenberry and Michael Tucker moved Jill's elderly mother in next door - they eat family meals together, prepared by their daughter.
- how Leeza Gibbons' mother planned for her Alzheimer's disease and Leeza's tips on how to accept and manage the diagnosis and care.
- how Gail Sheehy navigated the caregiving maze during her husband's battle with cancer and the 9 emotional stages of the family caregiver.
- how Dr. Alexis Abramson became her grandmother's full-time caregiver at age 22, a real-life experience that led to a Ph.D. in Gerontology.
Disclosure: I received the Chicken Soup for the Soul: Stay-at-Home Moms, The Magic of Mothers & Daughters and Family Caregivers books in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my own personal experiences with this item and is completely honest and objective.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!