Bake It Forward is your chance to begin to make a difference in the world. All it takes is a few minutes to bake a batch of cookies, brownies, etc. and send them on their way. Then you can watch online as your Bake It Forward tin continues its journey, spreading confection and affection all over the world.
This is a wonderful way to get involved in a worthwhile program from Imperial Sugar promoting human kindness to others while expecting nothing in return. Want to learn how you can bake the world a better place? Keep reading to learn more!
The process starts by purchasing and registering your Bake It Forward tin. This will allow both you and others to track its progress as it goes from person to person around the globe.
Then you load the tin up with your homemade goodies and send it on its way to someone who really needs a smile. Like the neighbor down the street going through some rough times. Or to someone feeling a little lonely. Or to the brave men and women defending our country overseas. Every person and every smile will make a difference.
For more than 160 years, Imperial Sugar has been providing the natural sweeteners for generations of recipes. Right now, the world needs a smile and together, we can send it one. So, please join in. Help us make this a world-wide movement to refocus everyone on how important it is to take the time to care.
Need a little help deciding what yummy creations to send off in your tin? Well, you can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies!
Imperial Sugar's Chocolate Chip Cookies:
(An exclusive recipe - tested and approved by the Imperial Sugar kitchen)
Baking Time: 9-11 minutes (depending on oven)
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of Imperial or Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 Imperial or Dixie Crystals Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar Pouches (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 10 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips (approximately 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar contents of the Redi-Measure pouches, and egg on low speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is creamed.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to mixing bowl and mix on low until blended. Scrape edges of bowl and mix on low speed for an additional 1 minute or until completely mixed.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients on low or mix by hand as to not crush chips and nuts.
- Use a teaspoon to portion out cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes. Edges of cookies should be brown and tops light brown when cookies are done.
Yield: Approximately 24 cookies
Disclosure: I received a Bake It Forward Tin from Imperial Sugar in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my own personal experiences with this item and is completely honest and objective.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!