Ever find that keeping on top of your holiday to-do list turns you into a Grinch? In an effort to come to mom's rescue this holiday season, Condé Nast has launched "Santa’s Hideout", a free gift-giving service that easily organizes Christmas wish lists while engaging the whole family in a lively conversation with Santa.
Picture a modern twist on the timeless tradition of sending wish lists to St. Nick, that also enables parents to juggle holiday festivities in conjunction with fielding friend and family requests for gift ideas.
What’s more, in collaboration with BlogHer Inc., the premium cross-platform media network and publisher for women, Santa’s Hideout will also provide parents with holiday tips and ideas on decorating, baking and crafts, along with an assortment of helpful gift guides to make Christmas more fun and less of a hassle.
Calling all moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles and godparents! Never hear "Santa knows what I want" again! Santa's Hideout now takes the guesswork out of holiday shopping by creating a safe, one-stop, magical, parent-controlled environment. Here's how it works:
- Step 1: In just a few simple steps, parents can create a private, password-protected account and set up individual lists for each child to fill. Lists can be controlled and customized by setting parameters that include gender, quantity of gifts, price range, types of gifts and more. Group lists can also be created for those gifts the whole household might share, such as an Xbox 360 or outdoor trampoline.
- Step 2: Under the guise of Santa, parents can send an email to their kids inviting them to add items to their personalized holiday wish list, or the family can walk through the process together.
- Step 3: The child can respond by adding gifts, using a fun, easy-to-use drag and drop interface, and parents are alerted when updates have been made to a list. That’s it―setup is complete!
In the end, the parent is the decision maker on all items children add, so you can share registry items that exceed "Santa's budget" with other family members, as well as delete items that are excessive or inappropriate, such as a $200 pair of jeans or a gory video game.
It's also never been easier to share your shopping lists with other friends and family. Individual items or entire lists can be shared via email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Tumblr. An email will alert you when there are updates made to a list by a recipient, or a friend or family member. Make purchases quickly and easily through online retailers and track your gifting through your account. On the go? Santa's Hideout lists are optimized for mobility, so it's never been easier to take your lists with you to the store. The best part is that mom is in complete control because you can make changes to lists, add or delete any items and always avoid duplicates.
- Gift requests can be reserved for "Santa only" while others can be sent to family and friends via email and social media.
- Once purchased or reserved, the parent's view of the child's list is automatically updated, and if a reserved item hasn't been purchased within 48 hours, a gentle reminder email from "Santa" is sent.
- "Santa's Desk" is a tool that allows parents to trigger email messages to their children from "Santa", encouraging them to share, do well in school, use kind words, be helpers at home or customize their own message.
"Parents are already juggling so much, and the holidays make that balancing act even more difficult," said Juliana Stock, a senior director of product development and marketing at Condé Nast. "It's tough to organize Christmas lists and keep track of who wants what, and who's been told what, so we wanted to eliminate that stress and give families time for what's really important. It preserves the magic of Christmas for the kids while giving moms and dads a safe, fun and efficient way to manage the process."
"BlogHer is delighted to join Condé Nast in contributing creative and useful holiday tips, ideas and content to this innovative new gifting tool for families this season," says Lisa Stone, CEO and co-founder, BlogHer Inc. "It's great to have a useful service like Santa's Hideout to help family and friends learn about each other's latest interests, so that the gifts we exchange reflect that care and consideration – even if we don't get to see each other everyday."
Ready to begin? Then, start your FREE list at Santa's Hideout today!
- Twitter: @santashideout
- Facebook: Santa's Hideout
- Google+: Santas Hideout
Disclosure: I received compensation from Santa's Hideout in order to facilitate my review. This product review is based on my own personal experiences with this item and is completely honest and objective.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!