If I had to name the one area in almost everyone's home that's usually a complete and utter mess, I'd have to go with the garage. In my neighborhood, most families park their cars outdoors, though absolutely everyone has at least a two-car garage at their disposal.
Unfortunately, we tend to turn our garages into quick and easy dumping grounds that are rarely organized and quite often, even dangerous. That's why the Saturday immediately following Labor Day has officially been deemed "National Clean Out Your Garage Day". So why not band together as a family, roll up your sleeves and organize your garage today?
The following 5 tools from The Lehigh Group, Ace Hardware and Quickie will get you started in the right direction!
Organize Your Garage for a Safer Family Space
Did you know that nearly four in 10 (39 percent) have tripped over an item in their garage, more than a quarter (27 percent) have hit an object when opening a vehicle door and 22 percent have accidentally hit something when parking? Our garages are typically filled to the brim with stuff that can oftentimes pose a hazard, which is why the National Clean Out Your Garage Day was invented. The focus of this day is to teach people how to perfect their parking zones with helpful tips to organize your garage and prevent accidents.
This year, Ace Hardware and Quickie are joining The Lehigh Group, manufacturer of Crawford branded garage organization products, making the 2012 program the largest campaign to date. To celebrate and to inspire us to get our garages' clutter under control, Crawford has prepared organization kits that are filled with essential tools for ensuring the highest level of garage organization.
- Crawford 16" Adjustable Storage Organizer: Designed for use anywhere in your home, garage, workshop, tool shed or basement, this system is great for hanging brooms, rakes and other lawn supplies.
- Crawford Sliding Spring Grip Organizer: Grips slide into position anywhere along the bar for maximum use. Guaranteed to never lose tension, the grips can hold hardware, garden tools, shovels and more.
- Quickie 2-in-1 Squeegee Pushbroom: This 2-in-1 pushbroom is designed for both indoor and outdoor use. Effortlessly sweep away dirt and debris or use the built-in professional-grade squeegee to push away excess water.
- ACE Multi-surface Pushbroom: This durable pushbroom is perfect for sweeping heavy debris, including caked-on dirt, gravel and construction materials.
- Lysol Sponges: Super absorbent and safe on most surfaces, these sponges can help tackle any tough mess.
Take this opportunity to celebrate National Clean Out Your Garage Day and organize your garage, making it a safer space for you and your family!
Disclosure: I received a Garage Organization Kit from The Lehigh Group, Ace Hardware and Quickie in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my own personal experiences with this item and is completely honest and objective.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!