When the Cleaver clan gets together for some family fun time, we have several tried and true activities that always bring us closer together and puts a smile on our faces! Here's a list of our faves:
- Go outside and have a backyard camp out! We love getting out our tents, sleeping bags and lanterns and having a good old fashioned camp out right in our own backyard. Of course, we try and top each other that night by telling the scariest of ghost stories!
- Family Board Game Night! Our household loves to play cards, dominoes and board games and we frequently have a marathon game night. Sometimes if we have enough friends and family over, we even make a tournament out of it and the winner is "king or queen" of the day and gets to pick the board game we play at the next family fun night.
- Family Movie Night! There's nothing better than cooking up some buttery popcorn and piling on the floor with blankets and pillows to watch a great movie!
- Put Together a Puzzle as a Family! Some of the best conversations I've had with my loved ones have come while sitting together and putting a huge puzzle together. As soon as Riley gets older, we will be instilling that tradition in this household too!
- Work on an Arts & Crafts Project Together! Carving a pumpkin, sewing a pillow, and making our own Christmas cards are all terrific ways to have fun with your family. Find a cool and unique arts & crafts project to do and then get everyone involved!
I hope these few ways that my family has fun together has inspired you to share some of your fun family activities! I'd love to hear more about what you do with your family for fun!
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and LEGO blogging program, making me eligible to get a prize pack. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!