My husband absolutely LOVES potato salad made with mayonnaise only, but around here, it only seems that the mustard variety can be found. With the great Spring weather upon us and summer just around the corner, I thought I'd include this recipe for today's Mmm Monday especially for my husband and other mayonnaise potato salad lovers like him.
Original Potato Salad with Mayonnaise
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!