This week I decided to include one of my favorite desserts for special events and holidays. The great thing about this dessert, is that it is super easy and fast to make and tastes absolutely delicious! It is always a crowd favorite and based on the ingredients, I don't think it's that terrible on the waistline either. I found this recipe from an Oreo ad in a magazine several years ago and I'm sure glad I did! What I'm submitting here is an altered version that I think tastes better. The original recipe called for using 1/2 cup of hot fudge spread on top of the pie crust, but in my opinion, that is just way too chocolate-y. I leave that part out and I think the result is much better! Maybe when you make this, try half of the Oreo pie with the fudge spread on the bottom and the other half without the fudge, and you be the judge as to which tastes the best!
Oreo Ice Cream Shop Pie
Prep: 15 minutes + freezing
- 1 OREO Pie Crust (6 oz.)
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O OREO Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- Extra OREOs, OREO crumbles, or chocolate sauce for a decorative and yummy topping on the pie (optional)
- Top pie crust with 1/2 of whipped topping and spread evenly to coat the top of the pie crust. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick). Gently stir in remaining whipped topping; spoon over whipped layer in crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Remove pie from freezer 15 minutes. Decorate top of pie with OREOs, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, etc. Store leftover pie in freezer. Makes 10 servings.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!