When middle class families need to find unbiased financial advice, they can look to CrispyMoney.com, a new magazine website launching this week, for the answers that will help them quickly, easily and in language they can understand.
"As a financial planner, I've helped many families plan for their retirements and save for their children's college education funds. But I can only help so many people one-on-one. That's why we created CrispyMoney.com. It's a way to give back to the community and to help people who couldn't normally afford my services," said Robert Hockett, CFP, Senior Editor of CrispyMoney.com and founder of Cambridge Southern Financial Advisors, a successful Wealth Management Firm headquartered in Atlanta.
The financial planning information site answers such questions as:
- How can I select a personal financial planner?
- What is the difference between a commission advisor and a fee-only™ financial planner?
- What is retirement planning?
- How can I plan for my child's college education?
- Should I be concerned with inflation?
- Which personal finance software should I use?
- How do I maximize my tax deductions?
- What are the best financial calculators?
- Should I refinance my house?
"Our goal is to help families save or make $2,500 or more per year and help make a material difference in people's lives," said Hockett, an in-demand speaker on financial planning topics.
The site will be supported by advertisers who want to reach the 60 million households in the U.S. making between $45,000-$200,000 annually, which represents 50.14 percent of the population, said Ken Payne, Director of Technology for CrispyMoney.com.
The site has helpful articles on such financial planning topics as: business, education, financial planning tools, insurance, investing, lifestyle, money management, retirement, surveys, book reviews and website reviews.
Among the most-viewed articles are:
- STOP: Is Your 401(k) in Trouble?
- Why Risk Management Is Important
- Selling Your Business
- Setting Goals to Achieve High Quality of Life and Avoid Goal Setting Vertigo™
- Top 10 Lifelong Learning Resources
- The Wage Gap: Income Disparity between Men and Women
- Retirement Plans
- Building Value in Your Business
- Mortgage and Loan Calculator
- Teach the Students in Your Life Financial Decision Making
- Disability Insurance
- Six Strategies to Eliminate Financial Insecurity
The site also features videos with financial planning information and discussions.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!