The classic grilled cheese sandwich is now one of the biggest trends in cooking and is enjoying an incredible resurgence in popularity. Top bloggers, NPR and television networks report that grilled cheese sandwiches are one of the top food trends to watch out for - many have even said that "grilled cheese is the new burger."
Specialty restaurants are popping up all over the country and many established chefs are tweaking their menus to include their take on this beloved comfort food.
150 Fab Ideas for How to Make a Grilled Cheese are Now at Your Fingertips
A grilled cheese sandwich is classic comfort food and the 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches cookbook by Alison Lewis contains amazing recipes that all begin with the grilled cheese we know and love. Then from there, creative twists showcase just how incredibly versatile this sandwich can be. The recipes reflect an almost endless and delicious variety of choices that include simple and timeless as well as gourmet and artisanal.
From breakfast to dessert, there's something for everyone, as illustrated in this list of chapters in the 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches cookbook:
- Breakfast and Brunch
- Light and Healthy
- Chicken and Turkey
- Fish and Seafood
Here's just one mouth-watering recipe you can look forward to:
Classic Grilled Two-Cheese
This is back to the basics and a classic. It's great to serve with creamy tomato soup in the wintertime.
- Preheated Panini Grill on Medium or Large Skillet
- (8) Slices White or Whole-Grain Bread
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 4 oz. Muenster Cheese, Thinly Sliced
- 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese, Thinly Sliced
- 1. Brush one side of each bread slice with butter. Place on a work surface, buttered side down. Top 4 bread slices equally with Muenster and Cheddar cheeses. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up and press gently.
- 2. Place sandwiches on preheated panini grill or in a large skillet over medium heat and cook, turning once if using a skillet, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I received the 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches by Alison Lewis cookbook in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my own personal experiences with this item and is completely honest and objective.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!