The times we live in are unfortunately fraught with danger. Every page turned in a newspaper or news broadcast on television contains mostly negative information about how someone has been hurt or killed today.
9-1-1 is a terrific resource for all of us in REAL trouble, but oftentimes, we might just perceive to be in danger or are in a situation where we need help, but not an emergency response like what 9-1-1 provides. What do we do then?
GreatCall has found a way to fill in the gap and offer assistance when we need it in ANY situation. Their 5Star Urgent Response system provides help at the touch of a button for your children, your family and yourself. Keep reading to learn more!
5Star is a groundbreaking personal safety service that can help protect those closest to you, such as your kids or your parents, in any unsafe or uncertain situation. Just look at some of the features and services a 5Star Urgent Response program provides:
- Reliable Nationwide Coverage: Provides immediate access anytime, anywhere wireless coverage is available.
- Immediate Connection to 5Star Agents: Live 100% U.S. based agents certified by the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch and trained in CPR and other emergency protocols.
- Enhanced Location Technology: 5Star Agents utilize GPS technology, advanced location training and the "frequent locations" information in your Personal Profile to determine where you are when you call.
- Your Personal Profile: Includes comprehensive personal details including emergency contacts, doctors and medical conditions, which enable 5Star Agents to assist you quickly and safely in an urgent situation.
- 5Star and 9-1-1 Work Together: 5Star Agents are able to conference in family and friends, assist in dispatching 9-1-1 emergency services and will stay on the line with you until your situation is resolved.
Getting started with 5Star Urgent Response is very easy too. Either purchase a 5Star Responder from Walmart or Sears, or download the 5Star app to your iPhone. You will then be asked to set up your personal profile and a one-time $35.00 activation fee will be assessed.
You can even save $10 on this fee if you choose to activate your service online. Next, you will be billed $14.99 every month for the service itself with absolutely no contracts or cancellation fees. That's it! Now you and your family are prepared for any situation.
So what situations might warrant using the 5Star Urgent Response system? Here are some common situations where a 5Star Agent will be more than happy to help:
- Your father feels pain in his chest or is having trouble breathing
- Your child has medical issues or allergies that may require an urgent response
- You witness an accident and someone may need medical attention
- Your mom is in a dark parking lot, her car won't start and a stranger is approaching
- Your young son is being physically threatened by a bully at school
- You're traveling in a new city and have become lost
- Your child arrives home and notices a stranger parked in the driveway
- In the middle of the night, you hear strange noises outside your home
- Your child is on a field trip and can't find the group
- You can't always be there for your parents
- You don't want to be a burden or rely on family members for assistance
As you can see, the list of when and where the 5Star Urgent Response system could help is endless. I like knowing that both Riley and myself are more secure when we're traveling together without my husband, such as to the grocery store or the mall. I also like knowing that now I have a viable option to keep my daughter safe when I'm not around, which doesn't involve providing her with a cell phone.
I am vehemently against children using cell phones when they're very young for I think a cell phone comes with a long list of adult-like responsibilities. 5Star Urgent Response allows her to have immediate contact with family members and those that can help her without needing access to a cell phone. If you'd like to make sure that you and your family are protected and safe in a variety of everyday situations, then by all means try the 5Star Urgent Response system from GreatCall!
Disclosure: I received the 5Star Responder and one-month of 5Star Urgent Response service from GreatCall in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my own personal experiences with this item and is completely honest and objective.
I'm a former 7th grade Science teacher turned stay-at-home mom that lives in Houston, Texas. I am married to my college sweetheart and have a beautiful daughter named Riley, who definitely keeps me on my toes! I am also involved in starting a small business which would both manufacture and sell an invention that I've patented, called Toothpaste 2 Go. I love interacting with my readers and hope to learn as much about you as you learn about me!